Product number: 5177
OWC Accelsior S
Storage Expansion With a Speed Boost
Add a 2.5" SATA 6G Drive to your Mac or PC
· Directly mount any standard 2.5" drive.
· Up to 550 MB/s sustained speeds.
· Enhance SATA 3Gb/s systems with SATA 6Gb/s support.
· Easy installation. No drivers required.
Give Your Mac Pro Tower or PC a 6G Performance Boost
Accelsior S is the simple solution to add a high speed SATA 6G drive to PCs or silver Mac Pro towers otherwise restricted to 3G architecture. Combined with a high-performance SSD, Accelsior S brings cutting edge 6G performance to your SATA 3G system.
Internal Storage Expansion at Lightning Speed
With more than 500 MB/s of throughput, the Accelsior S dual-lane PCIe 2.0 card delivers flexible storage expansion - with a speed boost - to your Mac or PC. Accelsior S is the perfect complement to OWC's Mercury family of high-performance SSD's, allowing up to an extra 1TB of fast storage expansion.
Just Plug and Play
Mount a 2.5" drive to the Accelsior S, install in any available PCIe x4 (or greater) slot, and you're up and running with expanded high-speed storage. Use as a native, high-speed, boot drive or scratch-disk and boost capacity and performance. With no drivers or extra software needed, upgrading your PC or legacy Mac Pro tower with Accelsior S is a breeze.
Note about throughput:
· PC Throughput:
· PCIe 2.0 x4 slot or better is required. Use of a PCIe 1.0 x4 slot will reduce performance.
· Mac Pro Throughput:
· 2009-2010 Mac Pro. Installing Accelsior S into any open x4 or x16 PCIe 2.0 slot will deliver full throughput
· 2008 Mac Pro. These models have two x16 PCIe 2.0 slots, which enable Acceslsior S to deliver full throughput. Installing Accelsior S into of the two x4 PCIe 1.0 slots will result in Accelsior S being addressed as a gen one, one-lane card with performance limited to real world 190-200MB/s data rates.
· 2006-2007 Mac Pro. These models utilize PCIe 1.0 slot which cannot be configured (even with the Expansion Utility in OS X) to address Accelsior S as anything but as a first generation one-lane card. As a result, Accelsior S performance will be limited to 190-200MB/s data rates. If maximum data rate speedis desired, we recommend the installation of a 2.5" OWC Mercury SSD in an open Mac Pro drive bay.